The Genetic Engineering Policy Alliance Policy Platform
The Genetic Engineering Policy Alliance is a network of organizations and individuals promoting precautionary policies on genetically engineered food and agriculture.
The Alliance works to:
- Protect farmers from economic loss due to unwanted contamination from genetically engineered crops.
- Promote the public’s right-to-know about the presence of genetically engineered crops in our food and agriculture.
- Safeguard the environment and public health from damage due to exposure to genetically engineered crops and food.
Personal Development Videos:
We inform California policymakers and the public of the need for policies that address:
- Public notice – of all open-air plantings of genetically engineered crops through appropriate agencies.
- Labeling – of all genetically engineered foods, seeds and plants.
- Assignment of Liability – providing remedies for farmers and communities in the event of genetic contamination of crops, damage to the environment, or harm to the public.
- Prohibition – of open-air food crops genetically engineered to produce pharmaceuticals or industrial chemicals.